Coconut Jasmine Rice with Vegetables
Are you craving something different tonight? Experience the delightful taste of Thai cuisine right at home with this simple ‘Coconut Jasmine Rice with Vegetables’ recipe. It checks all the right boxes – flavorsome, nourishing and easy to prepare. Moreover, it is vegan! Made from basic Indian kitchen ingredients, this one-bowl recipe reimagines common rice, coconut, mixed vegetables and peanuts in a unique manner. The fragrance of jasmine rice simmered in rich coconut milk, mixed with sautéed vegetables and garnished with crunchy peanuts creates a satiating, balanced meal. Try this recipe and add a new favorite to your cookbook.
1 cup Jasmine rice
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups Mixed Vegetables (carrot, peas, bell peppers)
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons olive oil
Red chili flakes (optional)
1. Rinse the jasmine rice in cold water until water runs clear. Set aside.
2. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a deep pan. Add the jasmine rice and sauté for two minutes.
3. Pour the coconut milk into the pan, add some salt, and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the pan, and let the rice cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until all the coconut milk is absorbed.
4. While the rice is cooking, heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a separate pan. Add the mixed vegetables and cook until they are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Once the rice is ready, fluff it gently with a fork and mix in the cooked vegetables.
6. Serve warm, garnish with roasted peanuts and a sprinkle of red chili flakes for added spice.
Enjoy this charming blend of Thai-inspired flavors with the Coconut Jasmine Rice with Vegetables. The creamy rice, crunchy peanuts, and colourful sautéed vegetables form a healthy, low-calorie meal that is bursting with taste. Don’t forget, it’s vegan too!