Egg Biryani Biranj Bowl
Experience the delicate flavors of traditional Gujarati cuisine with this harmonious and hearty Egg Biryani Biranj Bowl. It’s a one-bowl delight, easy to prepare, and ideal for egg lovers seeking a warm, aromatic dish with a twist. Using only a few common ingredients found in a 2-5 kitchen, this culinary creation offers guilt-free enjoyable meals with a mere 101-200 calorie range. So get ready to entice your taste buds!
– Basmati rice – 50g
– One boiled egg
– Onion – 20g
– Green peas – 20g
– Tomato – 30g
– Mustard oil – 1 tsp
– Spices (turmeric, chili powder, cumin seeds)
1. To start you off, rinse the basmati rice under running water until the water becomes clear. Soak the rice for about 20 minutes, then drain the water.
2. In a cooking pot, add 200ml of water and a pinch of salt. Bring it to a boil and then add the drained rice. Let it cook for 10-12 minutes until the rice is cooked through.
3. While the rice is cooking, chop the onions and tomatoes finely. Heat a pan, add a teaspoon of mustard oil.
4. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Then, add chopped onions and fry them until they become translucent. Add the green peas and chopped tomatoes.
5. Add the spices (turmeric and chili powder) as per the taste and sauté until the tomatoes turn mushy and the spices blend well. Make sure the flame is low.
6. Now, remove the shell from the boiled egg, cut it into two halves, and keep it aside.
7. Once the rice is cooked, add it to the pan and mix everything together. Make sure the rice grains do not break.
8. Place the egg halves on the top and turn off the flame. And voila, your quick and easy, egg biryani biranj bowl is ready to enjoy!
This egg biryani biranj bowl is a perfect example of how a few basic ingredients can be transformed into a wonderful delicacy. So, what are you waiting for? Try it today!