Goa Fusion Jain Bowl
Dive into the delectable intricacies of Goan Cuisine with our take on a Jain-friendly dish. The Goa Fusion Jain Bowl is an exotic amalgamation of Indian flavours in a single serving. This one-bowl recipe is suitable for Jain diet restrictions, offering a good mix of health and taste. It’s simple to prepare with common ingredients found in most Indian Kitchens, making it a perfect fit for your midweek cozy dinner or lunch. It’s not only heartwarming but is also less than 500 calories, so you can satisfy your craving without worrying about the calorie intake.
– 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
– 1 medium Raw Banana
– 1/2 cup fresh Coconut
– 2-3 Green Chillies
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon Oil
– 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
– Few Curry leaves
– 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1. Cook the Basmati rice and set it aside.
2. Peel and cut the raw banana into small cubes and boil until it is soft.
3. Grind the fresh coconut with green chillies and a pinch of salt into a paste.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. Let them splutter and then add the curry leaves.
5. Next, add the turmeric and red chilli powder and sauté for a few seconds.
6. Now, mix in the boiled banana pieces and stir well until all the pieces are well coated with the spices.
7. Finally, add the coconut paste and sauté for a couple of minutes.
8. Serve this delicious Goan style banana curry over the bed of cooked Basmati rice in a bowl.
There you have it, your Goa Fusion Jain Bowl with the richness of coconut, raw bananas, the aromatic Basmati rice, and a blend of spices. Enjoy the exotic taste of Goa right from your kitchen. A one-bowl meal serving less than 500 calories.