Goan Prawn Pulao In A Bowl
You won’t want to miss out on making this sumptuous dish. The Goan Prawn Pulao in a bowl is a delightful amalgamation of fragrant basmati rice, juicy prawns, coconut milk, and a bursting flavour of Indian spices. Not only is this dish packed with deliciousness, but it is also calorically balanced and comprehensive that takes care of your taste buds and health in one go. The process is quite straightforward so you can easily prepare it as a quick lunch or dinner. This classic Goan pulao with a one-bowl twist brings the coastal essence right to your dining table, making every bite a special one.
1. Basmati Rice – 1 cup
2. Prawns – 200 grams
3. Onion – 1 large, chopped
4. Tomatoes – 2 medium, chopped
5. Coconut Milk – 1 cup
6. Green Chilies – 2, chopped
7. Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
8. Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
9. Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
10. Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
11. Salt – to taste
12. Coconut Oil for frying
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 20 minutes. Then drain and keep it aside.
2. Heat coconut oil in a kadai, add chopped onions, green chilies, and ginger-garlic paste. Saute until onions turn golden brown.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
4. Add prawns to this mixture, mix well and cook till they are tender.
5. Now, add the soaked and drained rice to the kadai and stir gently till it is well mixed with the prawn mixture.
6. Pour in the coconut milk, add water if necessary and adjust the salt. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover the kadai and let it cook until the rice absorbs all the coconut milk and is fully cooked.
7. Sprinkle the garam masala powder over the pulao and fluff it up with a fork gently ensuring not to break the rice.
8. Your delicious Goan Prawn Pulao in a bowl is ready to serve hot.
This dish serves two and is approximately 450 calories per serving. Enjoy the authentic flavours of Goa in every bite.