Hearty Goan Prawn Pulao Bowl
“Bring the essence of coastal India to your dinner table with this hearty Goan Prawn Pulao Bowl. A delicious one-bowl meal made with prawns, fragrant basmati rice, aromatic Goan spices, and assorted vegetables. Within 101 to 200 calories per serving, this dish is light, nutritious, and incredibly satisfying. The vibrant, warm flavors of this dish will transport you to sunny beaches of Goa and enliven your senses. The recipe is simple and needs only a few commonly available ingredients in your kitchen.
1 cup Basmati rice (200 cal)
200 gms Prawns, peeled and deveined (100 cal)
1 large Onion, finely chopped (46 cal)
2 Green Chilies, slit (5 cal)
1 cup Mixed Vegetables (carrots, beans, peas) (62 cal)
Spices (Turmeric, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala) (30 cal)
2 tbsp Oil (240 cal)
Salt to taste
Coriander for Garnish
1. Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear and leave it to soak for around 30 minutes.
2. In a deep pan, heat the oil and add chopped onions and green chilies. Sauté till onions turn golden.
3. Add prawns to it, sprinkle some salt, and cook till prawns change their color.
4. Now add all the spices, mixed vegetables and soaked rice to the pan. Sauté for a minute or two.
5. Add 2 cups of water, cover the pan with a lid and let it cook over medium flame for 20 minutes.
6. Once all the water is absorbed, check if the rice is cooked. If not, sprinkle some more water and let it cook some more.
7. Once the prawns are cooked and the rice is fluffy and tender, switch off the flame.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Note: The given calories are approximate and could vary based on portion size and ingredient brand.
In just a few easy steps, and ingredients within reach, you can make a warm, soulful Goan Prawn Pulao Bowl that’s great for a family meal or impressing guests. Enjoy the unique flavors of Goan cuisine right in your home.”