Hearty Multigrain Khichdi
In the spirit of “Less is More”, here is a recipe that is easy on your pocket, time, and calorie counter – yet high on nutritional value and flavor. The ‘Hearty Multigrain Khichdi’ is a one-bowl Continental Veg dish that will quickly become a household favorite. Loaded with veggies and hearty grains, this dish is a powerhouse of proteins and fibers. It’s light on the stomach yet filling, perfect for those days when you are caught up in back-to-back meetings or want a break from heavy meals. It doesn’t compromise on taste either – the medley of gentle spices and the wholesome textures of the grains come together beautifully to offer you a culinary experience that’s both comforting and satisfying. Let’s get cooking!
– Basmati Rice- 30g (112 calories)
– Green Gram (Moong Dal) – 25g (88 calories)
– Quinoa – 20g (83 calories)
– Chopped Vegetables (Bell Peppers, peas, carrots, beans) – 1 cup (80 calories)
– Olive Oil – 1 tbsp. (119 calories)
– Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
– Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
– Salt to taste
1. Thoroughly rinse and soak the rice, moong dal, and quinoa in separate bowls for 30 minutes.
2. In a pressure cooker, heat the oil. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
3. Add the chopped vegetables. Sauté for a couple of minutes till they become slightly tender.
4. Drain the water and add the rice, moong dal, and quinoa. Stir well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
6. Add 3 cups of water and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
7. Cook for 3-4 whistles on medium heat.
8. Let the pressure release naturally before opening the lid.
9. Serve your multigrain khichdi hot, garnishing it with coriander leaves (if you like).
This recipe that serves 2 is not just easy to prepare but is also within your 500 calorie limit, with each serving amounting to about 242 calories. Enjoy this delightful meal!