Brief: Looking for a healthy, comforting, and scrumptious meal? Try this incredibly simple, yet flavorful Italian Veg One-Bowl meal which incorporates the robust flavors of Italian cuisine with a dash of Indian spice. This bowl merges the creaminess of risotto, freshness of vegetables, and the punchy kick of Indian species, topping it all with tangy tomato sauce. The delicacy not only fulfills your appetite with fewer than 400 calories but also serves as a nutritious option that you can whip up in no time using ingredients available in your kitchen. Enjoy this enchanting fusion of culinary cultures right at your home.
Italian Risotto with an Indian Twist
1. 1 cup Arborio rice
2. 3 cups Vegetable broth
3. 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
4. 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
5. 1 medium Tomato, chopped
6. 1 medium Green bell pepper, chopped
7. A handful of Spinach leaves
8. 3 tbsp Olive oil
9. 1 tsp Turmeric powder
10. Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Start by heating up the olive oil in a large pan. Add the minced garlic and chopped onion to it. Sauté until they turn translucent.
2. Now add the Arborio rice to the pan and give it a good mix. Allow the rice to toast a little for about 2 minutes.
3. Gradually add the vegetable broth to the pan, stirring continuously. Let the rice cook on medium heat until it becomes creamy and soft. This will take about 20 – 25 minutes.
4. In between, season the risotto with salt, pepper, and turmeric for an Indian touch. Mix it well.
5. As the risotto cooks, take another pan and heat up a bit of olive oil. Add the chopped tomato and bell pepper, and sauté them until they soften up.
6. Now add the spinach leaves and stir until they wilt. Season the veggies with some salt and pepper.
7. Once both the components are ready, pile the risotto and veggies in a bowl. Mix them a little.
8. Your Italian Veg One-Bowl with an Indian Twist is ready. Serve it hot and enjoy this gastronomical delight at the comfort of your home. Calories: Approximately 390 per serving.
Feel free to incorporate your favorite veggies and spices in this recipe to personalize it according to your preference.