Mediterranean Fusion Dal Risotto
Italian cuisine meets Indian with this simple, delicious and healthy dish, fusing traditional Italian Risotto with Indian Dal to bring you a wonderfully balanced one-bowl meal. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity, the thin lentil soup served over a fluffy bed of rice brings in the comfort of homecooked Dal with the refinement of Risotto. Using only common ingredients found in your kitchen, this recipe is low in calories but high in taste and nutrition. Experience the tantalising tang of tomatoes mingling with the soothing lentils, peppered with the zesty blast of garlic and onion, and brought together with a heartwarming dose of nourishing rice. Let’s not wait any more and dive right in!
1/4th cup Toor Dal
1/4th cup Arborio Rice
1 medium Tomato
1/2 medium Onion
2 cloves of Garlic
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Fresh Basil leaves for garnish
1. Presser cook Toor Dal till it’s cooked well and soft.
2. In another pan, heat olive oil and sauté finely chopped onions and garlic till it turns golden brown.
3. Add chopped tomatoes to this, and sauté until the tomatoes are slightly mushy.
4. Add Arborio rice to the pan and toss it around till it gets a golden glaze.
5. Add the cooked dal, salt, and pepper to the pan and mix well.
6. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the Arborio rice is cooked through.
7. Just before serving, garnish with fresh Basil leaves.
Enjoy this piping hot bowl of Mediterranean Fusion Dal Risotto, a homey yet sophisticated taste of two worlds in your bowl. Not only is this dish delicious, but it is also low on calories and super nourishing – the perfect combination for a sustaining day at home or work. Regardless of the occasion, give this easy recipe a try and let your taste buds enjoy the ride. Eat it as is, or pair with a salad, either way, it’s a win-win!