Punjabi Chole Rice Bowl
Start your day with a healthy and scrumptious Punjabi Chole Rice Bowl that captivates your palate with its delightful taste. This distinct fusion of simple home ingredients promises the gastronomical delight of traditional Punjabi Chole, paired with a serving of wholesome and nutritious white rice. Perfect as a one-dish meal, it offers a power-packed combination of protein, carbs and a route to heartwarming taste! Your pallet will be dancing with the classic taste of India from every spoonful of it. It is not just a dish, it’s a perfect indulgence that soothingly ticks the Indian spices, leaving a rich aftertaste that lingers in your mouth. Healthy, Wholesome, and Undeniably Delicious- The promise of the Punjabi Chole Rice Bowl- Because Good food does lead to a good mood!
1 Cup of Chole (Chickpeas)
1 Cup of Rice
2 Green Chillies
1 tablespoon Oil
Spices: Salt, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala
1. Soak chickpeas overnight. Drain water, add fresh water and pressure cook with salt for 3-4 whistles.
2. Rinse rice under running water till water turns clear. Soak for 30 mins. Then start cooking till it’s fully done.
3. Meanwhile, chop onions, tomatoes and green chillies finely.
4. In a pan, heat oil, add chopped onions and sauté till golden brown.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and green chillies, cook well till the tomatoes are mushy.
6. Add the cooked chole to the pan. Add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala. Mix Well.
7. Cover and let it cook for 15 minutes on medium flame.
8. Once done, serve hot chole over the cooked rice in a bowl. Enjoy!
This Punjabi Chole Rice bowl is a fuss-free, convenient, and nutritious choice for your delicate tastebuds and hunger pangs. It can be a perfect choice for your lunch, dinner, or a wholesome meal anytime in between! Try this out and relish the inviting and flavoursome Punjabi cuisine in every bite. Happy cooking, and even happier eating!