Rajasthani Kheech Bowl
Rajasthani Kheech, a protein-packed bowl rich in fiber and made from coarsely crushed whole wheat, brimming with deliciousness that positively tantalizes your taste buds. This bowl of nutritious goodness will leave you feeling satiated and nourished. Next time when you’re wondering what to cook, just think of wholesome Rajasthani Kheech Bowl- It’s hearty, delicious, and so easy to pull together in no time. Ready to whip up this hearty Rajasthani bowl? Follow the recipe and let your kitchen turn into a fragrant oasis of intoxicating Indian flavors
1. 1 cup crushed whole wheat
2. 1 cup of water
3. 2 teaspoons of ghee (clarified butter)
4. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
5. Salt as per taste
6. Half cup finely chopped veggies (carrots, beans, peas, and bell peppers)
7. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
8. Red chili powder as per taste
9. Coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
2. Add crushed whole wheat and sauté on medium flame for a minute or until wheat turns golden brown.
3. Add finely chopped veggies, turmeric, and chili powder. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Now add water, and salt. Stir well and let it cook on medium flame for 7-8 minutes or until wheat is well cooked and water is absorbed.
5. Once done, turn off the flame. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
6. Your healthy and delicious Rajasthani Kheech Bowl is ready to be served. Enjoy!
This meal is not only low in calories, but also rich in good carbs, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals due to the addition of crushed whole wheat and veggies. With the goodness of ghee and fragrant spices, every bite will take you to a rustic Indian kitchen!
Cherish this flavorful bowl filled with Indian authenticity for any meal of the day. Your taste buds will thank you!