Spiced Thai Veg Bowl with Fragrant Basmati Rice
A fusion of vibrant Thai flavors with comforting Indian spices, our Spiced Thai Veg Bowl with Fragrant Basmati Rice transforms the humble pantry staples into an exotic meal that you’d want to revisit again and again. It’s low in calories yet rich in taste, ensuring you get a healthy, hearty meal without breaking your diet. Relish the medley of crunchy veggies, aromatic herbs, and protein-rich chickpeas coated in flavorful Thai red curry paste. Enjoy this culinary journey from the comforts of your home, and fall in love with every bite. Try this recipe out, and prepare to receive the tag of ‘Chef after our own heart!’ from your loved ones.
– 1 cup Basmati rice (210 calories)
– 1.5 cup vegetables (Carrot, Bell Peppers, Beans) (90 calories)
– 1/2 cup chickpeas, boiled (134 calories)
– 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (25 calories)
– 1/2 cup coconut milk (45 calories)
– Salt as per taste
– 2 tablespoons olive oil (238 calories)
– Fresh basil leaves for garnish
1. Start by cooking the basmati rice with enough salted water until each grain is fluffy and separate. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the Thai red curry paste. Cook for a minute until the paste becomes aromatic.
3. Add the chopped carrot, bell peppers, beans and sauté for a few minutes. You want them to retain a bit of crunch.
4. To this, add the boiled chickpeas and mix well. Make sure all the veggies and chickpeas are coated well with the curry paste.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and some salt, and allow the mix to simmer for a few minutes. Add a bit of water if it gets too thick.
6. Once the veggies and chickpeas are cooked in the curry sauce, remove from flame.
7. Serve the Thai veggie and chickpea mix over the cooked basmati rice. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy your Spiced Thai Veg Bowl while warm.
So, gear up to treat your taste buds to a delicious, wholesome meal that not only fills your stomach but also your soul!
Total calories: ~498 calories per serving.