Chicken and Veggie Khichdi
Thinking about a wholesome, nutritious, and low-calorie Indian delicacy? Packed with protein and fiber, this flavourful ‘Chicken and Veggie Khichdi’ will satisfy your cravings without messing up your diet plan. Served in one-bowl, it becomes handy for quick grab-and-go option. This recipe also doubles up as comfort food if you are down with the common cold or flu. The dish’s simplicity and affordability make it a must for all diet-conscious individuals who desire a homemade meal. Health, taste and convenience packed in a single bowl. Worth a try, isn’t it?
Here is your step-by-step guide to making this light, stomach-friendly Indian delicacy.
100gm Boneless chicken
1/4 cup Basmati rice
1/4 cup Split Green gram (Moong Dal)
1/2 cup Mixed veggies (Carrots, peas, and beans)
1tsp Olive Oil
Spices as per taste (Cumin seeds, turmeric, salt, red chili powder, garam masala )
1. Firstly, thoroughly wash the rice and dal under running water and soak for 30 minutes.
2. Take a pan, heat the olive oil and add cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
3. Add the boneless chicken pieces to the pan and sauté until they turn slightly brown.
4. Drain the water from the soaked rice and dal and add it to the pan.
5. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
6. Now, add the mixed veggies, the spices, and salt to taste.
7. Mix well and then pour in around 3 cups of water.
8. Close the lid of the pan and let it cook on a low to medium flame for about 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
9. Keep checking until the rice, dal, veggies, and chicken are well cooked.
10. Once done, turn off the heat and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
Serve hot in a bowl. You might add a dollop of ghee or butter on the top for some added flavor. Voila! Your ‘Chicken and Veggie Khichdi’ is ready. Enjoy this simple yet delicious recipe. You will be delighted on finding such a treasure of taste and health.