Egg-dal Khichdi Bowl
Relish the lip-smacking healthy one-bowl delight, Egg-dal Khichdi! Low in calories but rich in protein, it is an ideal way to satisfy your hunger without expanding your waistline. Prepared with lentils, eggs, rice, and traditional Indian spices, this dish is an epic balance of taste and nutrition. Whether you wish to eat healthy, lose weight or simply enjoy a heavenly meal, this recipe will tick all your boxes!
1. 1/4 cup Toor dal
2. 1/4 cup Rice
3. 2 Egg Whites
4. 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
5. Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash the toor dal and rice in water.
2. In a pressure cooker, add the dal, rice, turmeric, salt, and 2 cups of water. Cook this until 3-4 whistles and allow it to cool.
3. Once the pressure is released, open the cooker and stir everything well to combine.
4. Now, in a pan, add a drop of oil and cook the egg whites till they turn fluffy and are fully cooked. Season it with a dash of pepper.
5. Add this cooked egg to the Dal-Rice mixture and blend well. Your Egg-Dal Khichdi is ready!
Remember, this serves one. Share warmth and health with this comforting bowl of Egg-Dal khichdi. Enjoy the good health wrapped with yumminess!
Remember, always control your portion sizes to maintain caloric intake! Enjoy!