Ghee Roasted Spicy Kerala Shrimp Bowl
This sumptuous, low-calorie South Indian gourmet dish – Ghee Roasted Spicy Kerala Shrimp Bowl is a must-try for every seafood lover out there. With the exotic and authentic flavors of the south, nowhere else can you find the amazing combination of healthy and hearty at 100 calories. The robust flavors of ginger, curry leaves, and ghee roasted shrimps bring a tangy twist that you can’t resist. This light yet satisfying dish is perfect for all seasons; enjoy as lunch or dinner, this dish is guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds and take you on a culinary journey to South India. Go ahead, give it a go, and let the taste do the talking!
1. Fresh Shrimps (50 grams)
2. Ginger (1/2 tsp, grated)
3. Curry leaves (5-6 leaves)
4. Ghee (1 tsp)
5. Green Chili (1, slit)
6. Salt to taste
7. Ground Turmeric (1/4 tsp)
8. Ground Coriander Powder (1/4 tsp)
9. Ground Red Chili Powder (1/4 tsp)
1. Clean the shrimps and pat them dry.
2. Heat the ghee in a pan.
3. Add grated ginger and the slit green chili to the pan and sauté for a few seconds.
4. Now, add the cleaned shrimps to the pan along with curry leaves.
5. Season the mixture with salt, ground turmeric, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Mix everything well so that the shrimps are well coated with the spices.
6. Cook it on low heat for 10 minutes or until the shrimps get well cooked and the flavors are combined.
7. Serve the Ghee Roasted Spicy Kerala Shrimp in a bowl, garnish with some fresh curry leaves on top if you want, and enjoy!
This recipe serves 1 person and contains approximately 100 calories per serving.