Spicy Chicken Rasam Bowl
Spice up your regular meals with this exciting South Indian delight – the Spicy Chicken Rasam Bowl. A comforting and healthy one-bowl meal, tangy tamarind broth simmered with succulent chicken pieces and flavored with traditional spices. An easy-to-make recipe with just a handful of common ingredients yet so rich in taste and nutrition. Plus, to top it all, it’s just around 100 calories! Serve it hot and relish the perfect harmony of flavors. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking this mouthwatering South Indian treat!
1 cup chicken (cubed)
1 tsp tamarind pulp
1 tomato (chopped)
1 tsp mustard seeds
Some curry leaves
2-3 green chilies
1 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
2. Add the curry leaves and green chilies. Saute for a minute.
3. Now, add the chicken pieces into the pan. Cook till they become a bit white.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and let it cook for a few minutes till tomatoes become soft.
5. Add tamarind pulp and water. Cover the pan and let it simmer on medium heat for around 20 minutes till the chicken is fully cooked and the flavors are well absorbed.
6. Your Spicy Chicken Rasam Bowl is ready. Serve hot and enjoy this tangy and spicy delight.