This Gujarati Jain recipe is perfect for those who are seeking a light, healthy and nutritious meal that is full of Indian flavor and charm. Restricting calorie intake is part of many diets, but why should it compromise with taste? Experience the magic of Indian cuisine with this 100-calorie-delight, made with exotic Indian kitchen ingredients. The joy of creating something delicious, healthy and easy, and then sharing it with your loved ones, is what cooking is all about. This recipe allows you to do just that.
Gujarati Bodhi Pyaaz Ki Sabzi
1. 1 Cup of Small Onions (Bodhi Pyaaz)
2. 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
3. 2 Chopped Green Chilies
4. 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
5. 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
6. 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
7. 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
8. Salt to taste
9. 1 Tablespoon Oil
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and when they start to sizzle, add the onions and green chilies.
2. Sauté until the onions turn pink.
3. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt as per your taste.
4. Mix well and add chopped tomatoes.
5. Cook with the pan covered on low flame, stirring occasionally, until the onions and tomatoes become soft.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
This recipe is perfect for Jain folks as it does not include root vegetables. This dish is low calorie, highly nutritious due to the presence of onions and tomatoes, and still brings out a rich flavor enhanced by Indian spices. It’s a simple one-bowl preparation that can be enjoyed anytime. So, get ready to dive into the delightful culinary experience this Gujarati Jain dish brings you.