**Title: Amritsari Chole with Quinoa Pulao**
Steeped in bold flavors, this low-calorie Punjabi Jain dish is an exotic blend of chickpeas and quinoa—a nutritional powerhouse. Adding chickpeas increases the protein content, making the meal even healthier. The key is in the unique combination of Indian spices that gives it a truly authentic taste. Quick and easy to make, the Amritsari Chole with Quinoa Pulao must be on your weekly menu. It’s gluten-free, vegan, and perfect for weight-watchers!
1. 1/2 cup Chickpeas (soaked overnight)
2. 1/2 cup Quinoa
3. 1 ripe Tomato
4. 1 Green Chili
5. Handful of fresh Coriander Leaves
6. Olive oil, species like Turmeric, Red chili powder, Coriander powder, Cumin seeds, Asafoetida (Hing), Salt to taste
1. Rinse the soaked chickpeas and place them in a pressure cooker. Add 2 cups of water with a little salt and cook for about 15 minutes until they’re soft.
2. Simultaneously, wash the quinoa thoroughly and cook it in 1 cup of water on medium flame.
3. Chop the tomato, green chili, and coriander leaves. Keep it aside.
4. Warm some oil over a medium heat, and add the cumin seeds & asafoetida.
5. As the cumin begins to crackle, add the chopped tomatoes and green chili. Saute until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
6. Add coriander powder, turmeric, and chili powder to the mixture. Stir it well and cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Now, add the cooked chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes until all the flavors are well combined.
8. Finally, stir in the cooked quinoa and adjust the salt accordingly. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
9. Serve your Amritsari Chole with Quinoa pulao hot and get ready to savor some low calorie yet flavorful Punjabi cuisine. Enjoy!