Chicken Biryani Bowl
For all the biryani enthusiasts out there, here’s a quick and easy recipe to satisfy your cravings and guess what? It only consists of just 5! This delicious Chicken Biryani Bowl is packing 500 calories but all worth it with the flavours of marinated chicken, basmati rice, fresh veggies like onion and tomatoes, and aromatic spices. This one-bowl meal is perfect for those hectic weekdays or lazy weekends, ensuring you a hearty and nutrition-packed meal. Win everyone’s heart at your dining table with this mouth-watering recipe without spending hours in the kitchen.
1. 150g Boneless Chicken
2. 1 medium Onion
3. 1 medium Tomato
4. 1 cup Basmati Rice
5. 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
6. salt to taste
7. Biryani masala (as required)
8. 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1. Rince the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Then soak it for 30 minutes and drain. In a pot filled with water, add a bit of salt and let it come to boil. Add the soaked and drained rice and cook until it’s 70% done. Drain the excess water and set aside.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent. Then add the ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw smell disappears. Now, add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they become soft.
3. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until it turns white. Add the Biryani masala and salt to the pan. Cook on medium heat until the chicken is fully cooked.
4. In a different pot, add a layer of partially cooked rice. On top of it, add a layer of the cooked chicken. Repeat the layers until you run out of both. Drizzle a tablespoon of oil over the top layer and close the lid. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
5. Your Chicken Biryani Bowl is ready to serve.
This recipe isn’t just about filling up your tummy but also filling up your soul with its robust flavors! The tender chicken with aromatic basmati rice and spices is likely to take you on a culinary journey of India right at home. This easy-to-make, delightful dish is all you need for a happy meal!