Goan Veg Coconut Rice Bowl
Craving a variety of flavors with minimal fuss? Dive right in and satiate your cravings with this Goan Veg Coconut Rice Bowl. It hits the spot with delightful flavours blended seamlessly with the nutritional punch of basmati rice and vegetables. The coconut milk provides a tropical tinge that takes you straight to the charming Goan beaches. Quick and easy, it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend treat. You don’t need to be a professional chef to cook this up, the simplicity and the taste of the dish will make you feel like one though!
1. 1 Cup Basmati Rice
2. 1 Onion (Finely chopped)
3. 1 Cup Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Peas, Beans, etc.)
4. 2 Green Chillies
5. 1 Can of Coconut Milk
6. 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
7. Salt (as per taste)
8. 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
9. 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
10. 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
11. 1 Tsp Garam Masala
Calories: Approx. 460 Cal
1. Rinse the basmati rice under running water until the water is almost clear.
2. In a pan, heat the vegetable oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them splutter.
3. Now, add the chopped onions and green chillies. Stir until the onions turn golden brown.
4. Add in your mixed vegetables and saute for a few minutes until they soften.
5. It’s time for the spices! Add turmeric powder, garam masala and stir them well with the vegetables.
6. Now, add the rinsed basmati rice and saute for a minute or two, ensuring the rice grains are coated well with the masala.
7. Pour in the coconut milk and add salt according to your preference.
8. Cover the pan and cook on a medium flame until the rice is cooked and fluffy.
9. Remove from the heat, fluff the rice gently with a fork.
10. Your Goan Veg Coconut Rice Bowl is ready to serve hot. Enjoy the confluence of flavors in your homemade, comforting bowl of goodness!
This recipe serves 2-3 persons. Opt for this recipe and ensure a nourishing, home-made meal that reminds you of a simple Goan beach hut dinner! Your taste buds will thank you and your waistline won’t complain. Enjoy cooking and eating this easy-to-make, delicious and nutrition-packed Indian recipe.