Goan Vegan Coconut Millet Bowl
Breathe in the aroma of this colourful Goan Vegan Coconut Millet Bowl. With the familiar tanginess of tamarind and sweetness of coconut, it is a complete meal in itself, full of nutrition and flavor. Easy and quick to prepare, this nutritious plant-powered bowl will keep you full without compromising on taste. It’s a moment worth exploring as you delve into your Indian culinary prowess to recreate a Goan specialty from your home’s comfort.
– 1 Cup Millet
– 1 Cup Coconut Milk
– 1 Cup Vegetables (Carrots, Bell pepper, Beans, Peas)
– 2 Tsp Tamarind paste
– 1 Onion, finely chopped
– 1 Tomato, finely chopped
– 1 Green Chilli, slit
– 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
– Curry leaves
– Salt to taste
– 1 Tsp Coconut oil
– 2 Tbsp Coriander, for garnishing
1. Rinse the millet under cold water until the water runs clear.
2. In a pot, add the rinsed millet and coconut milk. Cook it on medium flame for about 20 mins, until the millet becomes soft.
3. While the millet is cooking, heat up a pan with coconut oil.
4. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves, let it splutter.
5. Then add chopped onions, sauté it until it turns translucent.
6. Add tomatoes and green chilli, cook it well.
7. In that add your mixed vegetables and tamarind paste. Let it cook for a couple of minutes.
8. Mix in the cooked millets and amalgamate it well with the vegetable mixture. Season it with salt.
9. Finally, garnish the millet bowl with fresh chopped coriander.
Each serving of this flavourful bowl is approximately 350 Calories. So, why wait? Load up this bowl with the freshest produce, and get a taste of Goa at home. All in less than 30 minutes, a quick, simple and flavorful dish is ready to be devoured. Cooking made accessible and enjoyable, and of course, incredibly tasty!