Dal Khichdi Bowls
Finding a meal that is both comforting and healthy isn’t an easy task, but with this recipe for Dal Khichdi Bowls, you get the best of both worlds. Perfectly seasoned lentils and rice are combined in one bowl to form this beloved Indian dish. It is incredibly simple, requiring only common ingredients that are found in an Indian kitchen, yet the result is something truly special. This contemplative meal is sure to keep you satisfied without tipping the scales, as it clocks in at around 350 calories per serving. If you are a fan of Indian cuisine or are just looking for a wholesome, one-bowl meal, Dal Khichdi is a great option.
1. 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
2. 1/2 cup Split Pigeon Peas (Toor Dal)
3. 2 Tomatoes, chopped
4. 2 Green Chillies
5. 2 tsp of Garam Masala
6. Salt to taste
7. 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Wash and soak the Basmati Rice and Split Pigeon Peas in water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the chopped tomatoes and green chillies. Stir fry until the tomatoes soften.
3. Drain the water from the soaked rice and dal, and add them to the cooker.
4. Add the garam masala and salt, and mix everything together.
5. Pour in 4 cups of water and close the cooker. Allow it to cook for 5-6 whistles or until the rice and dal are cooked to a mushy consistency.
6. Once done, let the pressure release naturally before opening the cooker. Mix the dal khichdi well and serve hot.
Note: This quantity makes approximately 2 servings. Adjust the recipe accordingly to suit your needs. With the given ingredients and quantities, each serving of Dal Khichdi is approximately 350 calories.