Punjabi Style Tawa Pulao
This delightful one-bowl recipe is a nutritious and exciting change from traditional rice options. A perfect blend of fragrant basmati rice, hearty veggies, and warm spices, this Punjabi Style Tawa Pulao shall surely become a favorite in no time! This lip-smacking recipe is super easy to make and entirely vegetarian, conforming to the typical Punjabi cuisine’s rich and hearty flavors without adding extra calories to your meal!
1. 1 cup basmati rice
2. ½ cup mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, bell peppers)
3. 1 onion, thinly sliced
4. 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
5. 1 Green Chilli
6. 2 tbsp oil
7. Spices: 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin seeds, salt to taste.
1. Rinse the basmati rice until water runs clear. Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes, then drain.
2. Heat 2 cups of water in a pot and add the drained rice. Cook the rice until it’s 70% cooked, then drain and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them sputter.
4. Add the sliced onions and sauté until they turn translucent. Now, add the chopped tomatoes and green chilli, cook until tomatoes turn soft.
5. Add the mixed vegetables and cook until they are tender.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt. Mix well.
7. Add the semi-cooked rice to the vegetable mixture. Gently mix, ensuring all the grains are coated with the spices.
8. Cover and cook on a low flame for 5-10 minutes until the rice is fully cooked.
Serve your Punjabi style Tawa Pulao hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
Recreate the magic of Punjab in your kitchen with this simple and delicious Punjabi Style Tawa Pulao. This explosive fusion of flavors and textures is nothing short of a celebration in your mouth. A healthy, balanced meal packed with goodness – this recipe is all set to impress! Bring the warmth and vibrancy of Punjabi cuisine right to your dining table – it’s like a fiesta in a bowl! So why wait? Embrace the joy of cooking with this splendid recipe today!