Quinoa Pulao with Raita
Learn how to make a refreshing and nutritious South Indian dish with quinoa and Raita! Filled with the nutty taste of quinoa, and freshness of cucumber, yogurt, and mint leaves in the raita, this dish is part of a healthy diet due to its high protein, fiber content, and low calories. The numerous flavors from the different spices like cumin, mustard seeds, and more, combine for a delightful experience in every bite! Discover the balance of nutrients and authentic South Indian flavors with minimal effort and maximum taste!
1. Rinse 1 cup of quinoa thoroughly and leave it to soak for 30 minutes,
2. Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil, add and saute 1 teaspoon each of cumin seeds, mustard seeds, urad dal, and coriander seeds,
3. Add chopped 1/2 onion, 2 green chillies, curry leaves, 1 small grated carrot and saute until onions turn translucent,
4. Drain and add the soaked quinoa and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder. Stir fry for a few minutes,
5. Add 2 cups of hot water, salt to taste, and let it cook on medium flame until quinoa becomes fluffy,
6. For the raita, mix 1/2 cup of low-fat yogurt, chopped cucumber, mint leaves, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of roasted cumin powder.
Serve the tantalizing quinoa pulao with cool raita on the side and enjoy this South Indian veg one-bowl dish within your 100 calorie diet.