Brief: Rekindle your culinary skills by diving into this wholesome Chinese-Indian fusion dish. Packed with nuanced flavours and rich aromas, this simple yet nutritious one-bowl recipe leans into the heart of Jain cuisine, keeping it light, nutritious and of course, incredibly tasty. Bursting with comforting warmth and made with minimal ingredients commonly found in Indian kitchens, this recipe is an easy solution to your hunger pangs while keeping a tight check on calories. Get ready to dazzle your taste buds and enjoy the best of both worlds with the fusion delight.
Title: Five-Spiced Vegetable Fried Rice
1. Start by washing ½ cup of plain rice under running water. Keep it aside to dry.
2. Next, mix 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat and add finely chopped vegetables including ¼ cup green capsicum, ¼ cup red bell pepper, and 1/2 cup grated carrots.
3. Sauté the vegetables for about 3-4 minutes until they are slightly tender.
4. In a separate pot, boil the washed rice until it’s fully cooked. Make sure the grains are separate and not sticky.
5. Add the cooked rice to the pan with the vegetables.
6. Now comes the time to add the special Chinese five-spice blend. Mix in ½ teaspoon of this aromatic mix into the frying pan and evenly coat the rice and vegetables.
7. Stir in some salt to taste, mix everything well together and sauté for 2 more minutes.
8. Your Five-Spiced Vegetable Fried Rice is ready to be served. Garnish it with spring onion greens for an extra crunch.
Enjoy this blend of Indian and Chinese flavours, keeping in mind the Jain eating principles. Each serving of this one-bowl dish offers a well-balanced, flavorful meal within just 101-200 calories. Perfect for those quick lunch breaks or a lazy dinner, you’re sure to fall in love with this easy, flavorful concoction.