Brief: Seeking for a light yet flavorful meal that screams of authenticity and simplicity? Try our spicy Goan-Jain one-bowl recipe! For those who like things a little spicy, this is the recipe you’ve been waiting for. Comprising of just a few Indian pantry staples and an explosion of flavors, this one-bowl wonder is full of nourishing goodness. It’s not just the simplicity and flavor that will win you over, this dish is so nutritious and low in calories that it could easily form a key part of a weight-loss diet. It’s a recipe that truly exemplifies minimal ingredient cooking at its best. You won’t be disappointed – it’s simple, healthy, and truly delicious.
Spiced Lentil and Vegetable Bowl
1. 1/2 cup boiled moong dal (green gram lentils)
2. 1/2 cup chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, peas, etc)
3. 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
4. 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
5. A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
6. 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
7. Salt to taste
8. 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves for garnish
1. In a pan, heat coconut oil and add cumin seeds. When they begin to crackle, add asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
2. Add mixed vegetables to the pan, stir well, and cover and cook on a low heat until vegetables are cooked.
3. Once vegetables are cooked, add boiled moong dal, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix everything together and cook for another 2-3 minutes until flavors are well combined.
4. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
5. Serve your Spiced Lentil and Vegetable Bowl hot and enjoy!
This nutrient-dense one-bowl meal is not only bound to satisfy your taste buds but also to fill you up without adding to your calorie intake. The fibrous lentils and vegetables paired with the aromatic spices make this a must-try out. This dish is indeed flavorful yet straightforward. Now, embrace the light and healthful Goan-Jain essence in a comforting bowl! It’s about to become your favorite low-calorie meal. Enjoy the simplicity and wholesomeness of Jain cuisine. So why wait? Lend your kitchen the perfect Goan-Jain aroma now!