Szechuan Spiced Chicken Biriyani
1. Take 200g of boneless chicken chunks and marinate them in a tablespoon of Szechuan sauce, salt to taste, and a pinch of turmeric and red chili powder for about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, rinse 100g of basmati rice thoroughly under running water until it runs clear. Soak the rice in water for about 20 minutes, then drain.
3. In a pan, add a tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the marinated chicken pieces on medium heat until they are properly cooked and browned lightly. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan, cook 100g of finely chopped onions till they’re translucent. Add a clove of minced garlic and a small piece of minced ginger and saute until fragrant.
5. Add the drained rice and 1.5 cups of water to the pan, stir well, and cover. Let it simmer till the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed completely.
6. Now, add the cooked chicken pieces to the rice and mix well. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
7. Your Szechuan Spiced Chicken Biriyani is ready to be served!
There’s something undeniably satisfying about a one-bowl meal. The Szechuan Spiced Chicken Biryani takes the well-loved Indian biryani and blends it with a hint of vibrant Chinese flavors. This dish brings together aromatic basmati rice, succulent boneless chicken, and a burst of Szechuan spiced sauce. The highlight of this recipe is that it lets you use just the everyday Indian kitchen ingredients. A melody of spices along with a garnishing of zesty lemon and fresh cilantro complete the dish in a delectable fashion. One cannot resist the appealing look and the mouth-watering aroma of the dish. The fact that it is within a calorie count of 500 makes it all the more tempting. Cook up this recipe when you crave something different but homely. Indeed, it is a unique dish that caters to everyone’s taste and is packed with flavors bearing exquisite symphony. Enjoy this hearty bowl of goodness that’s both filling and comforting!