Cantonese-style Chicken Rice Bowl
Craving for a delightful, yet health-conscious Asian delicacy? Try the Cantonese-style Chicken Rice Bowl. This one-bowl wonder blends familiar Indian ingredients to craft an authentic Chinese flavour. It’s a hearty, sumptuous and well-rounded meal that won’t tip your daily caloric intake, containing around 450 calories. This recipe is not very complicated so, from novice to experienced, anyone can whip it up with ease! It is a dish that is both comforting and satisfying. Don’t hold back now, give this recipe a shot and let this Cantonese-style Chicken Rice Bowl surprise both, you and your loved ones!
– 150g boneless chicken (cut into small cubes)
– 1 cup of Basmati rice
– 1 large onion (finely chopped)
– 1 green bell pepper (diced)
– 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
– Salt to taste
– 2-3 tbsps of oil
– 1 tsp of soya sauce
– 1 tsp of vinegar
– A pinch of pepper
– Spring onions for garnishing
1. Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Cook the rice until it is tender and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry until they are nicely browned – around 7-8 minutes. Remove the chicken and keep aside.
3. In the same pan, add a little more oil if needed, then add the chopped onions and garlic. Sauté until they become translucent.
4. Add the bell pepper to the pan and continue stir-frying until it becomes tender.
5. Now, add the cooked chicken back into the pan. Sprinkle soya sauce and vinegar and give it a good toss ensuring that the chicken and vegetables are well coated.
6. Finally, add the cooked rice to the chicken and vegetables, mix well until everything is combined. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
7. Garnish with finely chopped spring onions.
Your Cantonese-style Chicken Rice Bowl is ready!
Serve it hot and enjoy the flavours of the Orient from the comfort of your home.