Tuscan-Style Indian Vegetable Panzanella
Die-hard admirers of Italian cuisine, here’s your chance to experience a delightful fusion of Italian and Indian in a one-bowl recipe with Tuscan-style Indian vegetable Panzanella! While the Tuscan classic Panzanella is usually bread and tomato-based, this innovative version combines hearty Indian vegetables with crusty peasant bread. It’s flavorful, hearty, and impressive while staying under 500 calories! It’s the perfect option if you want to whip up something quick yet delectable for your next dinner. The crispness of the bread cubes pairs well with juicy veggies, in a tangy balsamic dressing that gives an undertone of sweetness and a good acidic balance. Make this one-bowl wonder and explore another dimension of Italian-Indian fusion!
– 2 cups of stale whole wheat bread, cubed
– 2 cups of mixed Indian vegetables (bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers), chopped
– 1 red onion, thinly sliced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 200g mozzarella cheese, chopped (optional)
– Basil leaves, torn
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– 3 tbsp Olive oil
For the dressing:
– 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
– 1 tbsp Olive oil
– 1 tsp honey
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the bread cubes on a baking tray, sprinkle some olive oil, salt, and pepper, mix well and bake until crisp.
2. Heat some olive oil in a pan, sauté the garlic till it is golden brown, add the vegetables, and stir fry on high heat for 5-7 minutes. Keep it crunchy.
3. Prepare the dressing. In a bowl mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper, whisk until combined.
4. Take a large salad bowl, combine toasted bread cubes, sautéed vegetables, sliced onion, basil leaves, and mozzarella. Pour the dressing, toss well, and let it sit for a few minutes for flavors to blend well.
5. Your bowl of nutritious, filling, and tasty Tuscan-style Indian vegetable Panzanella is ready to be served. Enjoy this Italian-Indian combo in your comfort zone!