Chicken Handi Pulao
Craving for a delicious, yet easy to make, one-pot meal? This Chicken Handi Pulao is perfect for you! With minimal ingredients, this recipe is all about making the most out of what you have in your Indian kitchen. Packed with flavours and nutrition, it serves as an excellent main course, especially for those busy weekdays. With tender chicken coated in a beautifully seasoned rice, this dish is sure to be a hit amongst your family and friends. So why wait? Get cooking and let the aroma fill your home!
1. 1 cup Basmati rice
2. 1.5 cups of boneless Chicken
3. 2 Onions, thinly sliced
4. 2 Tomato, finely chopped
5. 3-4 Green Chilies, slit lengthwise
6. 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
7. Salt to taste
8. 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric powder
9. 1/2 tea spoon Red chili powder
10. 1 tea spoon Garam Masala Powder
1. Wash the basmati rice under running water and then soak it for 30 minutes. Drain the water and let it dry.
2. In a deep pot or handi, heat the oil. Add the sliced onions and fry until golden brown.
3. Now add the chicken. Cook it until it starts changing color. Add the chopped tomatoes and green chilies, stir well.
4. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste. Stir and let it cook for 5 minutes, until the masala starts leaving oil on the sides.
5. Now add the soaked rice to the pot. Fold gently to ensure every grain of rice is coated with the masala.
6. Add 2 cups of water and garam masala. Mix well. Cover the pot with a lid and turn the heat to low.
7. Let it simmer until the rice and chicken are cooked thoroughly and all the water is absorbed. This may take around 15-20 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes. Serve it hot.
This recipe serves two persons and the calorific content per serving is within the range of 400-500 calories.