Chingri Maach Biryani Bowl
Brimming with gourmet ingredients, our Chingri Maach Biryani Bowl is a flavourful feast that won’t tip the scale. This sumptuously layered rice dish features tiger prawns sautéed in a spicy Bengali masala, layered between fragrant basmati rice. Topped with boiled eggs and garnished with fresh coriander, this one-bowl recipe seductively blends aromatic spices. Experience the ultimate indulgence without compromising your calorie count, thanks to the careful balance of ingredients which adds up to only 500 Calories. Easy to prepare and beautifully presented, this biryani bowl will turn your dinner table into a feast from the East!
Ingredients: Prawns (300gms), Basmati Rice(2 cups), 2 Eggs, 2 tbsp Mustard Oil, Spices: Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander, Garam Masala, Bay Leaves, Salt, And Fresh Coriander for Garnish.
1. Rinse basmati rice under cold water until water clears. Soak it for 30 minutes, then cook until 70% done. Drain and keep aside.
2. Boil the eggs. Once cool, peel and cut into halves.
3. Clean the prawns, marinate with turmeric, cumin and salt. Heat mustard oil in a pan and fry the prawns till they change colour. Remove them and set aside.
4. In the same oil, throw in bay leaves, sprinkle a pinch of turmeric, coriander and cumin. Stir it well, then add the fried prawns. Toss well until all the prawns are coated with spices.
5. Now layer the half-cooked rice over the prawn mixture, spread well. on the top layer place the boiled eggs, sprinkle garam masala and coriander leaves.
6. Cover with a tight lid, let it cook on low flame for 15 to 20 min. Let it sit for another 10 min before mixing it.
7. Serve your one-bowl Biryani hot, garnished with fresh coriander.
Sit down to a hearty, guilt-free meal within the intimacy of your own home!