Gujarati-style Chicken Pulao Bowl
A delightful one-pot Gujarati recipe to satisfy your food cravings! This Gujarat-style Chicken Pulao, is a flavorful and wholesome dish that brings out the intriguing taste of Gujarati cuisine. It is quick, easy to make and perfect for a hearty lunch or dinner. The combination of tender chicken pieces coupled with aromatic rice, further spiced up with Indian masalas, makes this simple dish truly soulful. You just need common ingredients like chicken, rice, onion and Indian spices, all tossed in one pot, saving you trouble and time!
1. 200g Chicken
2. 1 cup Basmati Rice
3. 1 large Onion
4. 2-3 Green Chilies
5. 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
6. 2-3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
7. Salt to taste
8. Indian Spices (Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala)
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add the finely sliced onions and chopped green chilies to the pot and keep stirring until it turns nice and golden in color.
3. Now add the ginger-garlic paste to the pot and let it cook for a minute or so until the raw smell goes away.
4. Add chicken pieces to your pot. Cook until the chicken turns white.
5. Now add all your spices – Turmeric powder, Red chili powder, Garam masala and Salt to it. Mix well to ensure all chicken pieces are well coated with spices. Let it cook for a minute.
6. Wash and drain your rice short and add it to your pot. Stir for a few seconds to ensure all grains are well mixed with the chicken and spices.
7. Add two cups of water, cover the pot and let it simmer on medium heat about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
8. Once your rice and chicken are cooked, let the Pulao sit for about 5 minutes before fluffing it with a fork to separate grains.
9. Your Gujarati-Style Chicken Pulao Bowl is now ready! Serve hot and enjoy this Gujarati one-pot dish.
The final dish has about 440 calories, perfect for those trying to manage calories intake without compromising the taste.