Quick Spinach Chickpea Pulao Bowl
Begin your cooking journey with this wholesome, easy-to-prepare, and flavorful recipe. It’s a magical mix of health and taste in which the goodness of spinach collaborates with the protein-rich chickpeas. With the generous use of Indian spices, you would not just be nourishing your body but also treating your tastebuds. Plus, it’s a one-bowl meal that delivers a perfect ensemble of taste, nutrients and convenience. A light meal that’s heavy on fulfillment – the Quick Spinach Chickpea Pulao Bowl is sure to be an enticing addition to your day!
1 cup cooked basmati rice
1 cup boiled chickpeas
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt, Red chili powder, and Cumin powder to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
2. Add the chopped spinach and sauté for 1-2 mins until the spinach wilts.
3. Mix in the boiled chickpeas, followed by turmeric, red chili, cumin powder and salt as per taste.
4. Cook the ingredients on low heat for 7-8 minutes until flavors are well combined.
5. Then, mix in the cooked basmati rice. Toss well so the rice is evenly coated with the seasonings.
6. Let it cook for another 2-3 mins. Then, turn off the heat. Your Spinach Chickpea Pulao is ready to serve.
Per Serving: 425 Calories; 15 g protein; 78 g carbohydrates; 6 g fat.
You can garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander leaves or a squeeze of lemon as per your preference. Enjoy the comfort of this one-bowl Indian meal that’s not only delicious but also splendidly nutrient-rich!