Thai Citrus Basil Stir Fry – A Jain Kitchen Delight
Infuse your dinner with a strong jolt of flavors with this Thai Citrus Basil Stir Fry. Despite being a low-calorie meal, the flavor profile of this dish is certainly not! Bright citrus notes co-mingle with the subtle warmth of basil to make every bite exciting. This recipe not only uses common Indian kitchen ingredients but also aligns with Jain dietary principles. So, step into your kitchen, whip up this dish in a quick forty minutes, and envelop your senses in this aromatic, flavorful, and healthy stir-fry that doubles as a taste journey to Thailand!
1. 100gm Boiled rice
2. 1/2 Bell pepper (chopped)
3. 1 Carrot (diced)
4. 1/2 Zucchini (diced)
5. 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed orange juice
6. Handful of fresh basil leaves
7. 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
8. Salt, pepper to taste
9. Red chilli flakes (optional)
1. Begin by heating olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the carrots, bell pepper and zucchini.
2. As vegetables begin to soften, increase the heat to high and continue sautéing until vegetables become slightly caramelized or have a light brown hue.
3. Subsequently, pour freshly squeezed orange juice into the pan, stir well, and allow the vegetables to simmer in the juice for 2 minutes.
4. Following that, add boiled rice to the pan. Stir well to evenly distribute the vegetables and juice throughout the rice.
5. Season the mixture with salt, pepper and if preferred, a smattering of red chili flakes. Mix everything well.
6. Finally, finish the dish by stirring in a handful of fresh basil leaves. Allow them to wilt slightly in the heat before removing the pan from the stove.
There you have it – a Thai inspired infused rice bowl that rings true to the intricate flavors of Thai cuisine, made compliant to a Jain diet using everyday Indian ingredients. With enticing citrus notes harmoniously blending with earthy basil, this culinary delight promises a burst of flavors in every spoonful. A wholesome yet simple dish that serves up sophistication and satisfaction in equal measures!